Anyone with a grandma in their life is a lucky soul. She provides a comforting hug, a listening ear, and might even spoil us shamelessly. When Christmas rolls around, we want to get her something nice, but sometimes it’s hard to figure out that perfect gift. After all, all gifts are not created equal. How do I know? I’m a me-maw! Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the love behind every gift I’m given. Sometimes, I just wish a little more thought had been put into it. I want a gift that is fun or funky, funny or wild…something unique. Give us grannies a gift that shows you really thought about US. Here are a few ideas for unique gifts your grandma will really enjoy (disclaimer: as an Amazon Affiliate, SeniorResource.com earns a commission if you make purchases made through these links – we appreciate your support!):
- Firecracker mini chocolate bars from Chuao Chocolatier. This dark chocolate is mixed with sea salt, chipotle, and popping candy. You get a little sweet, a little salt, a little smoke, and a lot of fun – what could be better?
- Campfire Flames. Spicy chocolate not her thing? How about camping? Give the gift that lets granny make her fire fantastic – blue, purple or green!
- All My Friends Are Dead. If grams has a wicked sense of humor she’ll love this story that looks like a children’s book, but isn’t!
- Yarn Bowl. Does me-maw knit or crochet? Get her a yarn bowl to hold her yarn while she works so it won’t roll across the floor. Better yet, get her a bowl with a catchy phrase like this one so she can snicker at her visitors’ faces when they read the bowl.
- Dangerously Demure. Help nana protect herself with some pepper spray that looks like lipstick. Her “kiss” will pack a punch!
- Presents for Pooch. Is one of your aunts or uncles furry? If gramma takes her fur baby everywhere, get “Aunt Fifi” her own travel kit. Gramma will love you for it.
- Brain Games. Keep her brain fit, and get in on the action yourself with a tricky 3-D puzzle/brain teaser combo. If you’re lucky, it’ll keep your kids busy too. Try a set like this one.
- Stationary. Don’t think this is a unique gift? When was the last time you received an actual letter in the mail?! While you’re at it, get yourself a set too so you can write me-maw back!
- Grow a Cocktail. For a grandma that loves gardening and sipping on some “liquid refreshment”, give her a mix of both – a cocktail growing kit!
- Blooming Tea. Does your grams love tea? Give her tea some flare with this clear teapot, infuser, and tea pods that truly “bloom” into floral arrangements as they steep!
- “From Crook to Cook: Platinum Recipes from Tha Boss Dogg’s Kitchen.” Update grannie’s cooking with some recipes from Snoop Dog. Martha Stewart loves him.
- Scratch Map. Did your nana travel a lot when she was younger? Is she still spinning around the country or the world? Give her a scratch-away map to track her travels.
- Poems by Pussies. Buy grams a book of poems that could have been written by her master…I mean, her cat.
- Massage Book For Couples. Grandma isn’t dead yet, and she still has game. Try this one out!
- “Nothing.” Does me-maw drive you crazy by telling you she wants “nothing” for Christmas each year? Well, now she can have it!
Want to give grandma something special, but don’t have the cash for anything listed above? Give her the most valued gift of all: your time. Gifts are nice, but ultimately, we’ll be thrilled if you spend the evening with us watching a movie, sharing a meal or drink and some gossip, or chatting about memories. The most unique gift you can give is you.
Article submitted by the SeniorResource.com Community. SeniorResource.com is committed to sharing quality advice and a diversity of opinions that contribute to individual, societal, and cultural growth. We hope to provide a positive perspective on senior living that will energize and inspire our readers. If you would like to submit a story or share your expertise with our readers, start here. Many thanks from the SeniorResource.com Editorial Team!