- Are you a Senior?
you live alone?
- Could you use additional
- Would you like to reduce
- Do you need help with
- Are you willling to share
- Are you willing to help
out to lower your rent?
If your response to some of these questions
is "yes, " then Home sharing, facilitated through the
guidance of professionals, may be the answer.
is an alternative long term living arrangement where two unrelated people
choose to live in a::
Each person has their own bedroom, but
shares the commmon areas of the Shared home:
- Shared House
- Shared Apartment
- Shared Condominium
- Shared Mobile
- Living room
- Family room
Housemates make mutual decisions
regarding expectations for:
- Household duties
- Kitchen usage
- Telephone usage
a number of reasons a person would consider home sharing:
the person on a tight budget, a shared homecan reduce the cost of
housing by $2500 or more per year.
someone who needs help to stay in their home, a housemate can do
in exchange for a reduction in rent,
or room and board.
person living in the Shared Home
- Can lessen the fear of being
- Take in the mail when you're
- Seek help if you're unable to
do that for yourself.
someone to talk to, someone with whom to share similiar interests.
Shared Housing not-for-profit
Usual staff procedure includes:
- Match homeproviders and homeseekers.
- Take into account special needs,
personalities, and requirements of each individual.
- Personal interviews with all clients
- both halves of the potential shared housing pair.
- Home visits are arranged for those
who are home bound.
- References and proof of income,
are required and checked for everyone who enrolls in the program.
- After the application has been processed,
referrals to possible roommates are given.
- Potential roommates then meet and
interview each other.
- Once Homesharers are matched they
are contacted on a regular basis to evaluate the progress of the
match and provide problem solving or mediation if necessary.
- Shared Housing Clients who have
unique additional concerns are also linked with other community
resources that may further assist them.
For additional infomation visit National Shared Housing Resource Center
find local shared housing help-
Aging in Place
Resources by State
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Irvine, CA 92612